Social Media is an ever growing platform more than any other digital marketing channels. Millions of people are signing up every month. To my own understanding, people join these platforms with different interest. Consequently some may join to make friends and to socialize. Others join for business purposes, to network and improve their sales online.
If you join social media for business purposes then you need to understand and practice Social Media Optimization.
What is Social Media Optimization?
Social Media Optimization is the process of increasing the awareness of a brand, product or event by using several social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity.
10 Helpful Secrets Of Improving Social Media Optimization
- Socialize-Networking starts by reaching out to others and initiating the relationship. It might seem obvious, but it’s important to spell it out. Every time you create a social media profile start spending some time visiting other people’s profile, adding new friends and commenting.
- Multimedia-Don’t be shy adding pictures, videos and any other media. Social media sites are designed around media and have plenty of tools for incorporating them into your profile. Working with media makes it stand out and makes it more interesting for others visiting your profile.
- Share-Incorporate share buttons for all your social media sites on each of your blog and websites. These include buttons like, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest button. Integrate them as much as possible to leverage the traffic you already have.
- Optimize for keywords– Work your keywords and target key phrases into your social profiles and post whenever it is natural to do so.
- Completeness-Search engine will show preference for profiles with all the details available. It also create a more professional and comprehensive appearance for others in your work network.
- Watch visitor’s behaviour-Use analytics tools provided by each of the social media sites and pay attention to what people are doing. Monitoring behaviour will tell you what is working and what is not. If some features are not being used, eliminate them to cut down the clutter.
- Share everything-Create a unique helpful and interesting content and encourage your visitors to pass it around. Viral post can result into a lot of exposure for your profile.
- Timing-Pay attention to the timing of your post and track your results. You will find that certain times of the day get you a better response. Focus on those high-traffic periods.
- Selflessness-Don’t let your post revolve around self-promotion while social media has more of a focus on an individual opinion. Focus on topics that are helpful to your network of friends and offer advice and information that benefits others.
It is important to be personal and sincere in social media by consistently providing interesting and exciting content, you will inspire others to share your post and attract more search engine traffic.